Sunday, April 28, 2013

Video - New Zealand 2012

When I left New York for New Zealand in February 2012 I was sad, confused, excited and hopeful. 

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better experience - I'm a new and improved version of myself and I've been so so so fortunate to see some spectacular places.  Saying I'm "thankful" for the opportunity to be in New Zealand to live and study is an understatement - it just doesn't quite explain exactly what it has meant to me to be here, but I guess it'll do.

So, I made a video to share my adventures with friends, family and Internet stalkers.  It was really difficult to take 10 1/2 hours of video and whittle it down to 3+ minutes worth of clips to put to a song ("On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons), but I enjoyed the process nonetheless.

I certainly don't want to take it for granted that I'm living in a beautiful country, so it's important to me to continue taking breaks from PhD work to explore New Zealand.  Here's hoping that over the next two years I'll accumulate a lot more video clips to do something like this little video project again!


Sites of interest around the south island of New Zealand featured in the video:


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment