Saturday, June 22, 2013

Antarctic Adventures in Christchurch

The International Antarctic Centre in Christchurch is a must-see for any visitor.


I had SO much fun!  We went on Queen's Birthday and so the price was more affordable then non-holidays ($25, I think, compared to $65).  With the entry fee we got to watch the penguin encounter (penguin feeding and talk), experience an antarctic storm (complete with frigid temperatures and wind gusts), view a 4D movie of Antarctica's scenery and wildlife and travel in the super cool all terrain amphibious Hagglund (think of a Duck Tour going up and around short steep hills).



I mentioned penguins... here they are!


Okay, so maybe the picture leaves a bit to be desired.  How about a little video of some of the little blues?


I enjoyed all the interactive aspects of the center.  I even left my mark here:


What is the one thing you would take with you to Antarctica? Emerson's Pilsner.

So, the whole experience got me thinking... New Zealand isn't that far from Antarctica, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment