Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New Yorker in New York.... soon!!

Man, oh, man. I have been extremely busy getting ready for the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science WorldCon in Sydney.  I am the recipient of a scholarship to attend the conference - thank you to the Australia and New Zealand Chapter of the ACBS!

Who would have thought a 15 minute oral presentation would require so much work?!  I spent a lot of time nailing down the analysis of our baseline and 3-year follow-up survey data to look at the association between psychological (in)flexibility and body mass index changes/stability.  Then I had to type it up into a PowerPoint presentation.  It took a lot of work to polish it off, but thankfully my supervisors were amazingly supportive and I got it done.

So, before I write about my experience at the conference, I'll catch you up on the past few weeks.

First off, I turned 30.

I went to Signal Hill to catch the sunset on my last day of my 20s.


On my birthday, I set off early in the morning to catch the sunrise from the top of the Pineapple Track, but, uh, in good old Sara fashion I had a few detours and didn't quite make it to my destination.  But, I still caught the sunrise (just to the left of Mt. Cargill).


My friends joined me for a trip to see the butterflies at the Otago Museum to celebrate my big milestone.


Nicole and Jen were the hugest sweethearts ever and made butterfly cupcakes for the occasion!


The birthday shenanigans continued, but I'll write more about them in the next post...


No comments:

Post a Comment