Thursday, July 11, 2013

First Marathon in New Zealand

Clearly, I'm having an "omg,Ihaven'tupdatedinages" moment.  When I was looking at my photos of the albatross colony, I realized that I didn't post anything about my marathon!  


The Christchurch Airport Marathon was my first marathon in New Zealand (other marathons include: Philadelphia, Wineglass, and the run leg of Ironman Lake Placid).

On our way to the start:


And the finish...


I pulled off a 4:08 with minimal training, so I'm confident that I can go sub 4 hours if I'm not injured or sick.  However, it has been about 5 weeks since the race and I'm still dealing with a sprained foot.  There's another marathon in September that I hoped to train for, but I'm not confident that I can build up my training volume in time.  I have a feeling that I'll look into an ultra marathon later in the year instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment