Monday, January 06, 2014

Ain't nothing but a rain thang

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!  The weather has been so meh lately. *sad face*

I recently returned from holidaying on the north island, but there's not too much to report.  Our plans for Somes Island and the Tongariro Alpine Crossing were canceled and I spent a rainy/thundery afternoon tramping to Powell Hut.

There was one fine day in the Wairarapa, though, and so Will and I left Masterton to go checkout Castelpoint.





Castle Rock 

Other highlights of my north island trip include lots of beers at the Malthouse (the Mata Volcano was particularly delish), a pint of ParrotDog's Bitter Bitch at Bin 44 in Wellington, and spending lots of quality time with a fantastic New Zealand family.

Now that I'm back in Dunedin, my attention will be turned back to thesis-ing, working my research assistant gigs, training for the 50k at Northburn, and planning for visitors!! YES, MORE VISITORS!!!!  I have a friend from Binghamton coming to New Zealand in less than a month and a college friend from Salem coming in April. SO EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment