Tuesday, August 20, 2013

HOME! Boston to Binghamton

I arrived in Boston at 10pm on a Saturday night.  I was absolutely knackered from traveling and lack of quality sleep over the past week.  Thankfully, my friends Peter and Scott were at the airport to welcome me back to the States and treat me to some DELICIOUS pizza (funny thing - I couldn't eat enough pizza when I was home! I craved it all the time). 

View from Peter's apartment:


This is a view from a park in Peter's neighborhood:


Memorial/tribute to Boston Marathon bombing victims: 


I spent a few days in Marblehead and Ipswich and visited with my Salem State College friends before I drove home with Beth.  I was SO excited to be back in my hometown!  It was great catching up with family and friends and exploring the city.


My high school: 

In honor of
Rod Serling, class of 1943
creator of "Twilight Zone"
award winning dramatist
playwright and lecturer
1924-1975

American Civic Association Memorial Park


As I took a picture of the memorial some guy drove by wagging his middle finger out the window and yelled, "Hey lady! Take a picture of this!" Oh, Binghamton. You're so classy!

Chenango River:



Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Promenade: 


As I took a picture of this, four guys walked by and one introduced his friend as Martin Luther King, Jr.'s son and asked if I wanted a picture with him. *facepalm* I declined the invitation.



Court House:



Interesting what you notice with fresh eyes:







Washington St walking bridge to the south siiiiiide!


Monday Afternoon Club, Phelps Mansion


Thank you to all the friends and family that made time to catch up with me!  I wish I had more time to spend with you. xo Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment