Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ironman Lake Placid 2013

I went up to Lake Placid to catch the Ironman triathlon and volunteer with friends from the Broome County Triathlon Club on the bike course.

At the bike aid station we were responsible for handing off water, Powerade, gels, bars and bananas to athletes as they zipped by us.

Caps had to come off all these bottles!



A kiddie pool of ice kept the drinks chilled.


Prepping the Powerade:



 The group waits for athletes:


After the shift, I went into town to look for BC Tri Club members who were out on the race course.  I saw this spectator rocking a fancy orange/pink ensemble: 


Watching the Ironman finishers reminded me that all the effort and pain of training and racing is so worth that feeling of accomplishment at the finish line.

I can already sense that I'm running out of time in New Zealand and so I'm not sure how feasible Ironman New Zealand would be - financially and time-wise.  I brought my road bike back to New Zealand with me, but I think I'll use it for cross training because I've decided to do a little 50k race that will take place in March.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment